Skip to main content

Monument record MDR5828 - Lace Factory, Lower Stanton Road

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

SK 465407 Lower Stanton Road, Lace Factory. Single-storey, brick built, shed-type lace factory of 1909. (1) The factory on Stanton Road was built for C A Sudbury in 1909. Although the Sudbury family were lace manufacturers, this factory, which closed down during the 1930s, apparently produced little or no lace. (2) From 1931 used by Andriesse Ltd (embroidery and quilts). Now Cladkeep Ltd, bedspread manufacturers. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash.
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Mason, S A. 1994. Nottingham Lace, 1760s-1950s. p 298.
  • <3> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2005. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology: Gazetteer of Sites, Part II, Borough of Erewash (second edition). p. 16.



Grid reference Centred SK 466 406 (100m by 100m)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jan 29 2018 4:32PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.