SK 466414 Albert Street, Lace Factory. A small two storey brick building of mid/late 19th century date, probably the works of G W Wheeldon, milanese manufacturers. (1)
Wheeldon's Factory, Albert Street. William George Wheeldon & Sons occupied this two bay factory between 1888 and 1941. It was, however, only connected with warp lace making for about ten years, for by 1899 the company had become milanese manufacturers. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash.
Bibliographic reference: Mason, S A. 1994. Nottingham Lace, 1760s-1950s. p 298.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 465 413 (26m by 17m)
ILKESTON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 11 2014 5:14PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.