Skip to main content

Monument record MDR5840 - Fletcher's Mill, Wood Street (West), Ilkeston

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

SK 467 423 Wood Street (West), Fletcher's Mill. Three-storey brick lace factory of 1907, with slate roof and cast iron window frames. (1) Fletcher's are variously listed as making lace, silk and glove fabric. They were taken over in 1956 by Singlam Fabrics Ltd. Who appear to have gone out of business in the early 1960s. The building is now in various light industrial uses [2005]. (2)

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1986. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part II - Borough of Erewash.
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2005. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology: Gazetteer of Sites, Part II, Borough of Erewash (second edition). p. 18.



Grid reference Centred SK 467 423 (100m by 100m) (Centre)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Oct 30 2017 3:23PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.