Near Newton [Old] Hall, now a farm-house, are the remains of a chapel built in 1696. (1)
SK 4440 5918. The foundations of this chapel were discovered some years ago when removing thickets for the preparation of a lawn. They were left untouched and were simply turfed over. No remains exist above ground level. (2, 3)
See SMR 1802 for three graves presumably associated with the chapel.
Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p. 639.
Personal Observation: F1 FDC 24-MAY-60.
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
SK 4440 5918 (point) (Centre)
BLACKWELL, BOLSOVER, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 2 2015 12:09PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.