Park House Farm, Park. Possible site of Medieval park, mentioned as Parkehous by Welbeck in the 13th century. (1)
A park within the manor of Morton was claimed by Roger Deincourt in the Quo Warranto of 1330. It is not certain whether this park was within the bounds of what is now the parish of Morton, or the parish of Pilsley, or whether it encompassed both. Using map and place-name evidence, a credible suggestion for the park boundary encompasses both parishes. (3)
Bibliographic reference: Cameron K 1959 290 English Place Names Survey - The Place Names of Derbyshire.
Bibliographic reference: Wiltshire, M & Woore, S. 2009. Medieval Parks of Derbyshire. pp 124-5.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 410 620 (1950m by 3091m) (Centre)
PILSLEY, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 18 2021 11:54AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.