Former stables and cart shed to Staveley Hall, north of Church Street, Staveley, a 17th century complex.
SK 431 745 Church Street, Coach House. Two-storeyed, 17th century, stone building; formerly the coach house to Staveley Hall. Has one-storeyed stable wings to left and right, extending to the rear. Old stone slates and stone stack. Most openings blocked or bricked up. (1)
From the National Heritage List for England:
'CHURCH STREET 1. 1675A (North Side) Former sables and coach house of Staveley Hall SK 4374 1/5 II GV 2. C17. Stone. 2 storey coach house with 1 storey stable wings to left and right extending to rear; quoins at sides. Coach house has doorway to left with stone segmental head (bricked-up) and keyblock; various openings in stone surrounds; stone stack; old stone slates.
St John's Church. Churchyard Cross. The School, Staveley Hall, Former stables and coach house of Staveley Hall and Gerden Walls of Staveley Hall form a group.
Listing NGR: SK4340074951.'
Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index: 1825.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1088316.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.