Stone windmill tower in a field close to Mill Lane. Cap, sails and windshaft are missing, but the machinery and grindstones survive inside. It was built in 1703 and not used after 1900. One of the last with machinery surviving intact. (1)
Bolsover tower mill, dated 1783, derelict. (2, 3)
Windmill, Mill Lane. (Listed Grade II). Tower windmill in local stone with brick capping. The cap, sails and shaft are missing. Small detached brick chimney on a local stone base to the side. The mill was built about 1793 but probably little used after 1895. (4)
A corn tower windmill at Hill Top, Bolsover, was built, it is believed, in 1793, the date being carved above the door. An advertisement in the Derby Mercury of May 2 1799 reads: "To be sold, newly erected Smock mill at Bolsover - occupier William Burrows, with the miller's house, Drying kiln, counting house and six acres of land". It was sold again in 1821: "For sale, smock mill, drying kiln, stable, small house and bakehouse nearby. .. One pair of French stones and one pair of Grey stones". A vertical steam engine was added towards the end of the 19th century, built into the basement of the mill, with the boiler and chimney (SMR 11261) standing outside. In about 1906 the boiler burst and, following this, the mill fell into disuse. In 1990 planning permission was given to clear the area for housing and a new road was built passing close to the base of the mill, but requiring the preservation of the windmill tower and a truncated version of the still surviving chimney from the boiler. In 2002 the windmill tower was described as being "in a sad condition", with numerous cracks appearing and with the pointing being non-existent in places. (5)
Stone former tower windmill. Four storeys and retains most of the machinery but no cap. Currently derelict and surrounded by housing estate. (6)
From the National Heritage List for England:
'SK 47 SE TOWN OF OLD BOLSOVER LIME KILN FIELDS ROAD 4/70 (North side) 13.8.87 Lime Kiln Fields Mill GV II
Windmill. 1793. Coursed squared limestone with sandstone dressings. Red brick cornice. Four storeys. Circular with pronounced taper. Four rows of rectangular openings under plain lintels. The interior though derelict, preserves much of its machinery.
Listing NGR: SK4733171350'