Monument record MDR6312 - Tramroad (route of), east of Killamarsh
Type and Period (1)
- TRAMWAY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
SK 456 804 Killamarsh, Tramroad. One of 2 tramroads commencing at the side cut near St. Giles' Church, Killamarsh. Operational during the first half of the 19th century, running to nearby collieries. Trace of their courses still survived in 1970. (1-2) (For the second tramroad, see SMR 8719) Shown as 'Railway' on Sanderson's map of 1835. (3) Not shown on Greenwood's map of 1824-5, so presumably only came into use after that date. Retraceable section along Dale Road. (4)
- <1> SDR11015 Index: NDAT. 1350. 1350.
- <2> SDR19111 Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. Tramroad, Killamarsh.
- <3> SDR18634 Map: Sanderson, G. 1835. Twenty Miles round Mansfield.
- <4> SDR13526 Bibliographic reference: Riden, P. 1970. 'Tramroads in North-East Derbyshire', Industrial Archaeology. Volume 7, pp 373-396. p 392.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 465 807 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||KILLAMARSH, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 4 2016 4:09PM