Monument record MDR6620 - Cairnfield 400m NE of Ramsley Lodge
Type and Period (1)
- CAIRNFIELD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
Compact group of 4 cairns, 4 x 2 - 4.5m in size. 2 have natural earthen rabbit warren nearby. 2 of the 4 could be the same. (1) Scheduled (2)
- <1> SDR16424 Article in serial: Barnatt, J. 1986. 'Bronze Age remains on the East Moors of the Peak District', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 106, pp 18-100.
- <2> SDR16425 Scheduling record: English Heritage. 1999. Cairnfield 400m NE of Ramsley Lodge. 31261. Cat. No.: 458.
- <3> SDR16523 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). Descriptive text on monuments in the Peak District.
- <4> SDR18021 Photograph: PPJPB. Photo:PPJPB:SMR:8086.1-5 (slides). Slides.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2863 7530 (107m by 228m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||HOLMESFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 16 2013 2:28PM