Monument record MDR6621 - Cairnfield 860m North East of Ramsley Lodge
Type and Period (2)
- CAIRNFIELD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FIELD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
Eight or nine cairns, ranging 2.5 - 4.5m X 3m, with occasional banks: on a moderate slope - suggests clearance (1) Traces of probable linear clearance between two of the cairns indicates area may have contained small field plots. Scheduled (2).
- <1b> SDR16424 Article in serial: Barnatt, J. 1986. 'Bronze Age remains on the East Moors of the Peak District', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 106, pp 18-100.
- <1> SDR16426 Index: NDAT 1256.
- <1a> SDR16427 Index: 1977. HAS 1.1977.
- <2> SDR16428 Scheduling record: English Heritage. 1999. Cairnfield 860m NE of Ramsley Lodge. 31264. Cat. No.: 459.
- <3> SDR16523 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). Descriptive text on monuments in the Peak District.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2909 7545 (63m by 98m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||HOLMESFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 16 2013 2:52PM