Monument record MDR6624 - Pinfold, Gordon Road, Tideswell
Type and Period (1)
- POUND (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
This pinfold is shown on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880. (1). The pinfold is said to have been created in 1787 following complaints of cattle trespassing in the churchyard. It is accompanied today by an information board. (3, 4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR16433 Index: Hill, R. 1986. Peak Park Treasures E274. E274.
- <3> SDR21095 Bibliographic reference: Walker, W. 1951. A History of Tideswell.
- <4> SDR21096 Unpublished document: Stroud, G. 2001. Extensive Urban Survey: Tideswell. Archaeological Assessment Report.. p 17, Component 18.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1520 7516 (12m by 18m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||TIDESWELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 29 2016 10:22AM