Monument record MDR6629 - Meerstone / Standing Stone, west of Manor House, Foolow
Type and Period (2)
- STANDING STONE (Undated)
- BOUNDARY STONE (Unknown date)
- None recorded
Stone boundary marker, indicating where a lead-ore vein broke out at the ground surface. The field was formerly known as Burrs Yart or George Wyatts Yart. (1,2). Standing Stone. (3)
- <1> SDR16679 Index: Braddock, R (PPJPB). 1978. Peak Park Treasures: E101. E101.
- <2> SDR16671 Article in serial: Nash, D A. 1977. The Liberties of Grindlow and Foolow. Volume 6.
- <3> SDR16440 Index: HAS. 1972. Peak Park Treasures B112. B112.
- <4> SDR19107 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). 1998-2001. Peak District National Park Authority Farm Surveys. 2001: 377.23-25.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 188 768 (100m by 100m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||FOOLOW, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 2 2010 9:57AM