Former Public House in the 17th Century, The Rifleman's Arms. It was also a small farm. Situated on the Old Jaggers Lane Packhorse Route. The building became a tollhouse when the turnpike road was built in 1751. The heavy stone gateposts which used to hold the toll bar across the road were removed not long before 1983. (1)
Index: Tomlinsin, T. D.. 1983. Peak Park Treasures F17. F17.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 2195 8180 (18m by 12m) (Centre)
OUTSEATS, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 1 2015 2:28PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.