Monument record MDR6646 - Pinfold, School Lane, Hathersage
Type and Period (1)
- POUND (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
An overgrown slope, lightly wooded and enclosed by a high wall in which there is a wooden door with "THE OLD PINFOLD" written on it. (1) The wooden door has now been replaced with a steel bar gate. The pinfold has been restored and is now grassed over. A Peak Park sign explains the function of the pinfold. (2) Photographic record. (3-4)
- <1> SDR16485 Index: Care, P. 1973. Peak Park Treasures E18. E18.
- <2> SDR16476 Personal Observation: Observation from site visit. Stroud, G. 08-Jun-1993.
- <3> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 1993: 493.26a-27a.
- <4> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 1993: 7446.1-2.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2342 8173 (12m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||HATHERSAGE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 29 2018 3:01PM