Monument record MDR6656 - Plaque at Geer Green School (site of), Coggers Lane, Outseats
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Plaque on a gateway to a field where once stood Geer Green School. This was the first school within the area and was in use between 1718 and 1808. (1) There is a building situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880, but it is not labelled as a school. By the 3rd edition OS map of the early 20th century, the building has been demolished. (2, 3)
- <1> SDR16509 Index: Tomlinson, T. 1983. Peak Park Treasures E199. E199.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2253 8236 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||OUTSEATS, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 29 2018 3:01PM