Monument record MDR6756 - Trough, 51m north-east-north of St Martin's Church, Stoney Middleton
Type and Period (1)
- TROUGH (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Small, sunken, stone trough fed by a spring. Probably once used as a watering place for horses. (1). Marked on the 2nd edition OS map and therefore built prior to c.1899. (2). Photographic record. (3,4)
- <1> SDR16873 Personal Observation: Storer, A. 1992. Personal observations, 25th June, 1992. 25.6.92.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 13163.1-2.
- <4> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 1992: 473.18A-19A.
|Grid reference||SK 2318 7553 (point) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||STONEY MIDDLETON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 10 2007 1:04PM