Bateman records the presence of a 'very large' stone circle with a surrounding earthen bank and 1-2 entrances, associated with two round cairns. Several arrowheads were also found in an urn prior to 1828. The stone circle and cairns were destroyed 1848. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1848. Vestiges of the Antiquities of Derbyshire. p114.
Bibliographic reference: Marsden, B. 1977. The Burial Mounds of Derbyshire. p35.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 22 77 (1000m by 1000m) (Approximate)
EYAM, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 14 2000 12:00AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.