Monument record MDR6940 - Maiden Rake, 17m south of Forest Lane Farm, Little Hucklow
Type and Period (2)
- RAKE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SPOIL HEAP (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Lead rake now (i.e. 1999) mostly removed by hillocking for mineral. Little is known about it but it is thought likely to be of 17th century or even earlier date. (1-3). Maiden Rake. Four spaced shaft hillocks (and a further hillock) to the south and a reworked area to the north, alll wihin a belland yard, where the primary interest is ecological. (4).
- <1> SDR17332 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). 1993. Upper Farm, Wheston, Derbyshire, archaeological survey, 1993, archaeological interpretation. Feature 2.
- <2> SDR17333 Photograph: PPJPB. Maiden Rake. slides.
- <3> SDR17334 Unpublished document: Rieuwerts, J (PDNPD). Mandale Rake, Heath Bush and Calverstone Mines.
- <4> SDR19821 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J. 2004. An Inventory of Regionally & Nationally Important Lead Mining Sites in the Peak District. Vol. 2: Corpus of Sites. No. 29, p 44.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1508 7851 (149m by 45m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||LITTLE HUCKLOW, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 9 2015 9:54AM