Monument record MDR7007 - Railway Works (site of), Church Gresley Wood, Swadlincote
Type and Period (1)
- CLAY DRAINAGE PIPE WORKS (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Railway Works (sanitary pipe) is situated here on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900, but is not present on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. The works are adjacent to and with sidings from the Woodville Branch Railway. There are also clay pits that are shown as earthworks, which expand by the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 20th century. (1-3) The works are not depicted on the 1:10000 OS map of 1976. The site is shown as covered by refuse/slag heap. (4) The area is now part of Church Gresley Wood. (6)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR11944 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1976. 1:10000.
- <5> SDR17418 Index: RCHME. 1995. New National Forest Survey; 921551. 921551. pp 266-7.
- <6> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2969 1778 (336m by 449m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||SWADLINCOTE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 4 2014 5:54PM