Monument record MDR7009 - Sanitary Pipe Works (site of), Castle Road, Church Gresley
Type and Period (1)
- CLAY DRAINAGE PIPE WORKS (Former Type) (Victorian to Edwardian - 1885 AD? to 1910 AD?)
- None recorded
This area is shown as an enclosed field on the OS map of 1888. (1) However by 1902 a sanitary pipe works had been constructed. (2) It is shown as 'disused' on the later map of 1920. (3) By 1976 the area was occupied by 'works' and 'depots', as named on the OS map of that date. (4) Site in use for light industry [in 1995]. Remaining buildings appear to be original but with modern additions/renovation. (5)
- <1> SDR17371 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1888. OS County Series 1:10560, sheet: Derbyshire LX NW, surveyed 1881-1882, published 1888. 1:10560.
- <2> SDR17372 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1902. OS County Series 1:10560, sheet: Derbyshire LX NW/Staffordshire XLVIIA NW, second edition 1902, revised 1899-1900. 1:10560.
- <3> SDR17373 Map: OS. 1920. OS County Series 1:10560, sheet Derbys LX NW/Staffs XLVIIA NW. Edition of 1925, revised 1920. 1:10560.
- <4> SDR11944 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1976. 1:10000.
- <5> SDR17419 Index: RCHME. 1995. New National Forest Survey: 921552. 921552. p268-9.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2890 1817 (133m by 176m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||SWADLINCOTE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 22 2017 2:52PM