Monument record MDR703 - Sheepwash, Shelf Brook, Charlesworth
Type and Period (1)
- SHEEP DIP (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
There are the remains of a sheep wash on Shelf Brook. (1, 2) The feature is marked as 'Sheepfold' on late 19th century Ordnance Survey maps. (3, 4)
- <1> SDR14028 Index: NDAT. NDAT 0643. 0643.
- <2> SDR6994 Bibliographic reference: Harris, H. 1971. Industrial Archaeology of the Peak District. p198.
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 0616 9438 (22m by 27m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||CHARLESWORTH, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 22 2012 3:01PM