Monument record MDR7177 - Mine shaft (site of), west of Broomy Furlong, Hartshorne
Type and Period (1)
- MINE SHAFT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
There is a mine shaft situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1) The shaft is not depicted on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. The area is shown as enclosed field. (2-3) There does not appear to be any remains of the shaft visible on modern aerial photographs. (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR17626 Map: OS. 1970. OS 1:10560.
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 26/03/2014.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3148 2036 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||HARTSHORNE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 20 2017 2:52PM