A brickyard is named on the 1st ed. 1" OS map of 1836 at approximately SK 371 245, with a building or row of buildings possibly associated with it at the north-eastern end of Bog Lane. (1) On the 1887 map the brickyard is not named and had probably gone out of use by that time although the buildings are still shown and hachures on the map, as well as two small ponds, suggest that evidence for clay extraction was evident. (2)
No remains of the brick yard were seen in 1995. (3)
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1836. One Inch First Edition map, sheet 71 first issued 1836, later revisions (David and Charles reprint sheet 35). 1inch : 1mile.
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 372 245 (184m by 150m)
MELBOURNE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 31 2011 10:20AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.