Monument record MDR7321 - Mount Factory, Commerce Street, Melbourne
Type and Period (1)
- SHOE FACTORY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
'Mount Factory (Boot and Shoe) is first depicted and named on the 2nd ed. OS map, the area having previously been a field. (1, 2) There is a plaque on the street frontage of the factory which reads 'The Mount Boot Factory 1894'. (3) The Mount Boot Factory was built in 1894 and rebuilt after a fire in 1939. It is now converted to light industrial units. (4)
- <1> SDR17857 Map: OS. 1887. OS County Series 1:10560, Sheet Derbys LVIII NW. 1887. 1:10560.
- <2> SDR17858 Map: OS. 1901. OS County Series 1:10560, Sheet Derbys LVIII NW. Second Edition 1901, revised 1899. 1:10560.
- <3> SDR17866 Index: RCHME. 1995. New National Forest Survey: 922896. 922896. p969.
- <4> SDR19507 Bibliographic reference: Melbourne Civic Society. 2000. Melbourne.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3805 2547 (66m by 70m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||MELBOURNE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 11 2015 11:22AM