Monument record MDR7401 - Grindleford, Horse Trough
Type and Period (1)
- HORSE TROUGH (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Stone horse trough built into garden wall on south-east side of hill leading out of Grindleford village towards Sheffield. badley Broken (1,2) Trough rebuilt using gritstone blocks and cement (3) Photographic record. (5-6)
- <1> SDR17971 Index: Rowlinson, H. C.. 1984. Peak Park Treasures:E216. E216.
- <2> SDR17972 Photograph: PPJPB. Photo:PPJPB:SMR:28, 27-28.
- <3> SDR16476 Personal Observation: Observation from site visit. Stroud, G.
- <4> SDR17973 Photograph: PPJPB. Photo:PPJPB:SMR:10511.1-2(Slides)/493.18a-19a (B and W). Slides and B and W.
- <5> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 493.18A-19A.
- <6> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 10511.1-2.
|Grid reference||SK 2501 7849 (point) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||NETHER PADLEY, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 30 2013 3:50PM