Monument record MDR7407 - Parish boundary stone, Outseats and Bradfield
Type and Period (1)
- BOUNDARY STONE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Small boundary stone with a rounded upper edge. It is painted white, with a vertical line dividing the inscribed side in two halves. Bradfield is written down one half. (1) Photographic record. (2, 3) The stone is currently on the north side of the road; however, the 2nd edition Ordnance Survey shows a boundary stone on the south side. By the time of the 3rd edition, it had been moved to the north side (or a new stone had replaced the old one). (4, 5)
- <1> SDR17977 Index: Pheasey, K (PPJPB). 1978. Peak Park Treasures: D157. D157.
- <2> SDR17978 Photograph: PPJPB. Photo:PPJPB:SMR:38,2.
- <3> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 1978: 38.2.
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||SK 2313 8791 (point) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||OUTSEATS, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 25 2011 9:52AM