Monument record MDR7434 - Guidestone, east of White Edge, Big Moor, Baslow and Bubnell
Type and Period (1)
- DIRECTION STONE (Stuart to Unknown - 1709 AD)
- None recorded
Height 1.5m. The north face reads 'Shefield Road', the east face reads 'Dronfield Road', the south face reads 'Bakewell Road' and the west face reads 'Tideswell Road 1709' There are remains of the causeway to the west. The stone must have been replaced wrongly as Sheffield should face west so that you can turn left (north) towards it. (1) Photographic record. (3)
- <1> SDR18057 Index: Challenger, G (PPJPB). 1978. Peak Park Treasures: D147. D147.
- <2> SDR18058 Bibliographic reference: Hey, D. 1980. Packmen, Carriers and Packhorse Roads.
- <3> SDR18975 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Colour photograph collection. Film. 1996: 512.20.
- <4> SDR17179 Bibliographic reference: Smith, H. 1996. Guide Stoops of Derbyshire. p. 50-51.
|Grid reference||SK 2646 7753 (point) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||BASLOW AND BUBNELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 13 2015 11:19AM