Monument record MDR7453 - Sheffield Plantation, Two Cairns
Type and Period (1)
- CAIRN ? (2, Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
Two cairns, the southern, at SK 2610 7921 measures 7.5m by 8m and has a kerb. There are traces, via 6 stones, of a larger inner kerb of the diameter, slightly eccentric to the outer kerb. The northern kerb, at SK 2611 7930, appears to be a robbed cairn of 3.5m diameter. (1) Photographic record. 4)
- <1> SDR16523 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). Descriptive text on monuments in the Peak District.
- <2> SDR17071 Index: NDAT. 2713. 2713.
- <3> SDR16424 Article in serial: Barnatt, J. 1986. 'Bronze Age remains on the East Moors of the Peak District', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 106, pp 18-100. p32, fig 10.
- <4> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 7429.1-2.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2610 7922 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||HATHERSAGE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 30 2013 3:51PM