Monument record MDR7520 - Ring cairn and cairn, Birchen Edge North, Baslow and Bubnell
Type and Period (2)
- RING CAIRN (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- CAIRN (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
Ring cairn with very low bank. External dimensions are 22.5m x 20.5m, internal 17.5m x 15.5m. A cairn is superimposed on the bank to the NE, 3.5m x 2m, it is much higher than the ring cairn bank. (1) Monument first identified by by A Henderson, 1955 and surveyed by Hunter Field Section (2) Scheduled (7)
- <1> SDR16523 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). Descriptive text on monuments in the Peak District.
- <2> SDR18191 Index: NDAT. NDAT 0233. 0233.
- <3> SDR8643 Bibliographic reference: Marsden, B. 1977. The Burial Mounds of Derbyshire. p93, 104.
- <4> SDR13395 Article in serial: Radley, J. 1966. 'A Bronze Age ringwork on Totley Moor and other Bronze Age ringworks in the Pennines', Archaeological Journal. Volume 123, pp 1-26.
- <5> SDR16424 Article in serial: Barnatt, J. 1986. 'Bronze Age remains on the East Moors of the Peak District', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 106, pp 18-100. p49-50, Fig 18.
- <6> SDR18193 Photograph: Hunter Archaeological Society.. 1972. Peak Park Treasures: B102. B102.
- <7> SDR18651 Scheduling record: English Heritage. 2001. Scheduling Notification: Cairnfield, field system and ring cairn 1300m NNW of Newbridge Farm. 31286.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2851 7347 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||BASLOW AND BUBNELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 13 2015 10:51AM