Monument record MDR7531 - Ramsley Moor, Clapper Bridge
Type and Period (1)
- CLAPPER BRIDGE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- None recorded
Clapper bridge with a more recent bridge built on top. Clear from SE (1) Bridge comprises two drystone gritstone abuttments with the stream bed between paved white edge-set gritstones. The gap is spanned by 2 close-set gritstone block roughly 3mx0.5mx0.4m. The south stone has the date 1742 carved in its top SW corner and H 1777 carved on the SE end of the south face. part of the NW wing of the abuttment has collapsed into the brook, but a long time ago and the remainder is stable. (4) Photographic record. (5)
- <1> SDR18244 Index: NDAT. NDAT 1302. 1302.
- <2> SDR18245 Photograph: PPJPB. 1989-92. PPJPB 1989-92 8017.1-13 (slides)/ 435.22-30, 480.0a, 478.35a (B &W) /29.8a (B&W). Slides and B&W.
- <3> SDR18246 Photograph: Photo PPJPB SMR 507.11-2.
- <4> SDR18116 Verbal communication: Smith, K.. 1989. Pers Comm. Smith, K. 9.5.1989. 9.5.1989.
- <5> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 1977: 29.8a.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2787 7425 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||HOLMESFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 26 2000 12:00AM