Monument record MDR7550 - Neolithic flint scatter, Newbridge Farm, Baslow and Bubnell
Type and Period (1)
- FLINT SCATTER (Late Neolithic - 3000 BC to 2351 BC)
- None recorded
A collection of flint artifacts from the vicinity of New Bridge Farm (SK 289 723) was bought by Sheffield Museum in 1954. A fraction of the total assemblage of 555 is Mesolithic. The collection includes 10 leaf-shaped arrowheads, 5 petit tranchet derivative arrowheads, 5 barbed and tanged arrowheads and 76 scrapers. (1) This collection was bought from Mr. T. Green of New Bridge Farm who has now left the area. Accurate siting is not possible. (2)
- <1> SDR18281 Index: NDAT. NDAT 0243. 0243.
- <2> SDR13580 Article in serial: Roe, F and Radley, J. 1967. 'Pebble mace-heads with hour-glass perforations from Yorks, Notts & Derbys', Yorkshire Archaeology Journal. Volume 42.
- <3> SDR13190 Article in serial: Moore, C N and Cummins, W A. 1974. 'Petrological Identification of Stone Implements from Derbyshire and Leicestershire', Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society. Volume 40, pp 59-78.
- <4> SDR18096 Article in serial: Hunter Archaeological Society. 1978. Transactions of the Hunter Archaeological Society. Volume 9. p112.
- <6> SDR18283 Index: NDAT. NDAT 3404. 3404.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 289 723 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BASLOW AND BUBNELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 13 2015 10:09AM