Monument record MDR7586 - Standing stones, Gardom's Edge, Baslow and Bubnell
Type and Period (1)
- STANDING STONE (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
Large standing stone, 1.95m high. Nearby to the NE, leaning badly but in situ is a broken stump. Estimated original height 1.75m. Further to the NW of these two is another possible standing stone, 0.5m high. Photographic record. (3-4)
- <1> SDR16523 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). Descriptive text on monuments in the Peak District.
- <2> SDR16424 Article in serial: Barnatt, J. 1986. 'Bronze Age remains on the East Moors of the Peak District', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 106, pp 18-100. p49-50, fig 18.
- <3> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 447.9a-10a.
- <4> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 1385.1-2.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2725 7325 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||BASLOW AND BUBNELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 13 2015 10:53AM