Monument record MDR7649 - Covered spring, north of Hassop Hall, Hassop
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Remains of a pinfold, including a blocked up entrance. (1) This feature comprises a small walled area entered by a footgate, with a door to a covered spring at the western end; the spring also feeds an adjacent trough at the roadside. The whole appears to have been built between 1752 and 1831. It is not a pinfold, as suggested by source no. 1, as this lies further to the west [see SMR 7342]. (3)
- <1> SDR18454 Index: Davies, J (PPJPB). 1983. Peak Park Treasures: E136. E136.
- <2> SDR18455 Photograph: PPJPB. 1983?. Pinfold, Hassop, 7319 Prints only negs unavailable.
- <3> SDR19238 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). 1993. Hassop Estate, Hassop and Rowland, archaeological survey, 1993. No. 130, p. 20.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2220 7229 (4m by 2m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||HASSOP, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 8 2014 10:48AM