Boat house with summer house above. It was built in 1907 probably by P. Lockwood for the Stantons of Snelston Hall. It is rendered stone with stone dressings and a plain tile roof with an external rendered gable chimney stack to the east and a central gable with finial and pendant. It is a single bay and single storey plus a basement. The Boat house below has a semi-circular rusticated arch with a central rusticated pier dividing to form a Y near the top. The summer house above has pointed glazed double doors with a hoodmould above and across the lower half of the doors is a balcony. Above is a gable with a diamond shaped date-stone inscribed '1907'. (1)
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. List entry number 1204819.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 15694 43516 (4m by 3m)
SNELSTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 26 2015 10:25AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.