The remains of the 13th century churchyard cross south east of Dovebridge [sic] church consist of a base stone, four sets of circular steps and two feet of the shaft. It was restored to the churchyard c. 1867 from the corner of Sand lane, where it had long stood. (1)
Sited to: SK 1140 3408. (2)
A grade II listed churchyard cross probably dating to the 14th century with 19th century restoration. It is built of sandstone ashlar, and comprises a square base set on five circular stone steps and surmounted by a tapering shaft with hollowed-out sides. It has a square top lantern with trefoiled sides, incorporating a crucifix in one side. (4)
Bibliographic reference: Cox, J C. 1877. Notes on the Churches of Derbyshire, Vol. III. pp 125-6.
Personal Observation: F1 JB 25-JUL-66.
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.