The Conservatory at Ogston Hall was built c.1865 by Hine, T. C although it is now partly ruinous . It was built from Ashlar sandstone as a single storey building of eight bays by three bays, it is rectangular in plan with diagonally set single corner bays. It has a two stepped plinth, moulded semi-circular headed, tracery, arches with tracery circles over and pierced spandrels set in rectangular bays. There are buttressed piers between the eaves and small semi-circular headed arches through the buttresses at the second stage, these have scrolled copings above. Above this there are square piers with chamfered corners and a plain entablature, broken by projecting panelled capitals. There was formerly a large cast iron glazed dome above. (1)
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. List entry number 1087806.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 37778 59695 (12m by 17m)
BRACKENFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 9 2013 9:54AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.