Monument record MDR7916 - Brickworks (site of), Bretby Lane, Newton Solney
Type and Period (1)
- BRICKWORKS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
SK 284 253. Brick yard shown on the 1st edition 1" OS map of 1836. (1) The works were apparently still in use in 1888, as they are named on the OS map of that date, with a clay pit (not named) shown as earthworks to the west. (2) By 1924 the site was occupied by Brickyard Farm (named on map), with Old Clay Pit (named on map) shown as earthworks. (3) By 1976 the farm was known as The Hill Farm (named on map). (4)
- <1> SDR11920 Map: OS. 1836. OS 1" 1st Edn: 1836 with later revisions. sheet 71.
- <2> SDR18925 Map: OS. 1888. OS County Series, sheet Derbys LVII NW/Staffs XLI NW. 1:10560.
- <3> SDR18927 Map: OS. 1924. OS County Series, sheet Derbys LVII NW/Staffs XLI NW.. 1:10560.
- <4> SDR11944 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1976. 1:10000.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 28453 25345 (278m by 193m)|
|Civil Parish||NEWTON SOLNEY, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 13 2016 12:04PM