Monument record MDR7981 - Sanitary pipe works with associated clay pits (site of), Hepworth Road, Woodville
Type and Period (1)
- FACTORY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
(SK 3144 1837) Sanitary Pipe Works (named on map), adjacent to and with short siding from the Burton and Swadlincote Branch Railway (SK 31 NW 7); clay shaft (named on map) at SK 3153 1847. (1-2) Sanitary Pipe Works (named on map), with clay pits (not named) to south-west and north-east shown as earthworks, the latter in the area of the former clay shaft, and now with a tramway/railway (not named) linking it to the Works. (3-4) As previously, but now with the south-western clay pit (not named), and not that to the north-east, linked to Works by tramway/railway (not named). (5-6) Works (named on map); clay pits not depicted. (7) Site still occupied by sanitary pipe/building products manufacturer but extant buildings appear to be wholly 20th century . (8) The site has since been redeveloped for housing/offices . (10)
- <1> SDR17386 Map: OS. 1887. OS County series 1:10560, sheet Derbys LX NE/Leics XV NE. Surveyed 1879-81, published 1887. 1:10560.
- <2> SDR18960 Map: OS. 1888. OS County Series 1:10560, sheet Leics XV SE/Derbys & Derbys (Det No. 1) LX SE. Surveyed 1881, published 1888.. 1:10560.
- <3> SDR17643 Map: OS. 1902. OS County Series: 1:10560 Sheet Derbys LX NE/Leics XV NE. Second edition 1902. 1:10560.
- <4> SDR18961 Map: OS. 1904. OS County Series 1:10560, sheet Derbys LX SE/Leics XV SE. Second edition 1904, revised 1900-1..
- <5> SDR18953 Map: OS. 1925. OS County Series 1:10560. Derbys LX NE/Leics XV NE Edition of 1925, revised 1920-1.
- <6> SDR18962 Map: OS. 1925. OS County Series 1:10560, sheet Derbys LX SE/Leics XV SE. Edition of 1925, revised 1921..
- <7> SDR12489 Map: OS. 1977. OS:10000 1977.
- <8> SDR18955 Index: Malone, S (RCHME). 1994. National Forest Project Index: UID 924111.
- <9> SDR20414 Unpublished document: Archaeological Investigations (Hereford Archaeology). 2000. Archaeological Desk-Top Study, Woodville Woodlands.
- <10> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3147 1840 (202m by 194m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||WOODVILLE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 2 2017 11:59AM