Monument record MDR8186 - Bailey Brook mineral railway, Langley Mill

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Approximate line of railway marked on Sanderson's map of 1835 running between Bailey Brook coal pit and the junction of the Erewash Canal and Erewash River at Langley Bridge. By the 1880s it had been superseded by the Heanor Branch of the Midland Railway [see SMR 20517]. (1, 2)

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <1> Map: Sanderson, G. 1835. Twenty Miles round Mansfield.
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 44469 46963 (1622m by 652m) (Approximate)
Civil Parish ALDERCAR AND LANGLEY MILL, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Nov 16 2017 10:40AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.