Monument record MDR8228 - Eagle Tor Mill (site of), Eagle Tor, Birchover
Type and Period (1)
- MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Eagle Tor Mill, demolished in the 1950's. (1-2) The mill at Eagle Tor is labelled as a flour mill on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1800. There is a mill pond to the east [see also SMR 1614]. (3) It's marked as a corn mill on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900 and the mill pond is labelled. (4) The mill appears to have fallen out of use by the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 20th century and the mill pond is partially silted up. (5)
- <1> SDR10000 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index. 0350(I).
- <2> SDR6994 Bibliographic reference: Harris, H. 1971. Industrial Archaeology of the Peak District. Photograph collection.. 190.
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 23157 62651 (46m by 38m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BIRCHOVER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 5 2014 11:09AM