Find Spot record MDR8240 - Cremation and rotary quern, Harthill Moor, Harthill
Type and Period (3)
- CINERARY URN (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- CREMATION (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- None recorded
The removal of a large stone from Durwood at Harthill Moor in 1760, revealed the presence of a rotary quern and a large urn half full of burnt bones. (1-3). The grid reference supplied is only four figures long. (4).
- <1> SDR10000 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index. 0865.
- <2> SDR1587 Article in serial: Pegge, S. 1785. Archaeologia. vol. 7. pp 19-20.
- <3> SDR19136 Article in serial: 1900. The Reliquary. N.S. 6. p29.
- <4> SDR20034 Personal Observation: Thornton, A. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
|Grid reference||SK 22 62 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTHILL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 16 2019 4:06PM