Building record MDR8282 - Field barn, 130m north-west of Whiteholmes Farm, Winster
Type and Period (1)
- FIELD BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Ruined field barn consisting of footings and one corner wall only. (1). 1994 record is suspicious and possibly mis-identified. The building is currently still a field barn; walls and gables are full height, but only half of the roof timbers remain. (2,3). The building is recorded on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map and therefore predates 1880. (4).
- <1> SDR19124 Personal Observation: Murcott, A (PDNPA). 1994-5. Barn Condition Survey. barn no. 1.
- <2> SDR19125 Unpublished document: Ingham, D (PDNPA). 2001. Barn condition survey, Birchover and Winster. barn no. 1.
- <3> SDR18975 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Colour photograph collection. Film. 2001:346.26-28.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2351 6148 (5m by 6m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WINSTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 24 2015 11:38AM