Building record MDR8286 - Field barn, 100m south-east of Whiteholmes Farm, Winster
Type and Period (2)
- FIELD BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HAY BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Field barn and extension which was built for hay storage (1). Some flagstones are missing from the roof (2,3). The building is recorded on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map and therefore predates 1880. (4)
- <1> SDR19124 Personal Observation: Murcott, A (PDNPA). 1994-5. Barn Condition Survey. field barn no. 5.
- <2> SDR19125 Unpublished document: Ingham, D (PDNPA). 2001. Barn condition survey, Birchover and Winster. field barn no. 5.
- <3> SDR18975 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Colour photograph collection. Film. 2001:346.8-10.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2368 6131 (12m by 9m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WINSTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 10 2007 4:49PM