Building record MDR8289 - Field barn, 230m south-west of Whiteholmes Farm, Winster
Type and Period (1)
- FIELD BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Field barn which is still in use for calves. It ha a slate and corrugated iron roof, though the slate side is decaying (1). The southern gable is damaged (2,3). The building is recorded on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map and therefore predates 1880. (4).
- <1> SDR19124 Personal Observation: Murcott, A (PDNPA). 1994-5. Barn Condition Survey. barn no. 8.
- <2> SDR19125 Unpublished document: Ingham, D (PDNPA). 2001. Barn condition survey, Birchover and Winster. barn no. 8.
- <3> SDR18975 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Colour photograph collection. Film. 2001:346.23-25.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2342 6125 (7m by 6m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WINSTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 24 2015 11:39AM