Building record MDR8296 - Field barn, 330m south-south-west of Whiteholmes Farm, Winster
Type and Period (1)
- FIELD BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Disused field barn. Only the timbers survive of the roof. (1). The roof has gone and the wall on the south side is crumbling (2,3). The building is marked on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map and therefore predates 1880. (4).
- <1> SDR19124 Personal Observation: Murcott, A (PDNPA). 1994-5. Barn Condition Survey. barn no. 14.
- <2> SDR19125 Unpublished document: Ingham, D (PDNPA). 2001. Barn condition survey, Birchover and Winster. barn no. 14.
- <3> SDR18975 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Colour photograph collection. Film. 2001:346.14-16.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2347 6107 (7m by 6m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WINSTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 24 2015 11:39AM