Building record MDR8319 - Field barn and lean-to, 400m north-east of Westhill Farm, Winster
Type and Period (3)
- FIELD BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HAY BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Slightly dilapidated field barn with a corrugated iron roof. In use as a hay store for horses, along with the lean-to at the rear. (1,2). There are trees growing inside. (2,3). The building is marked on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map and therefore predates 1880. (3).
- <1> SDR19125 Unpublished document: Ingham, D (PDNPA). 2001. Barn condition survey, Birchover and Winster. Barn no. 36.
- <2> SDR18975 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Colour photograph collection. Film. 2001:349.7-9.
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2335 6067 (11m by 10m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WINSTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 24 2015 11:40AM