Monument record MDR8357 - Paved path, south of Ivy House, Winster
Type and Period (1)
- PATH (Unknown date)
- None recorded
A few stones showing of a historic paved path. The historic path may be buried underneath the modern footpath which presumably exists along the route of the original. (1,2). A path is recorded on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition Ordnance Survey maps suggesting that it predates c.1880. (3-5).
- <1> SDR19126 Unpublished document: Ingham, D (PDNPA). 2001. Paved Path Survey.
- <2> SDR18975 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Colour photograph collection. Film. 2001:342.34-37.
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR18867 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1937-38. OS County Series, Third Revision, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2436 6147 (18m by 2m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WINSTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 11 2007 10:48AM