Monument record MDR8367 - Milestone, north-east of Westhill Farm, Winster
Type and Period (1)
- MILESTONE (Georgian to Victorian - 1750 AD to 1900 AD)
One metre high stone with black painted lettering on a white background, "To Bakewell 6 miles" and "To Ashbourne 11 miles". On the 1811 Ashbourne-Haddon Turnpike. (1). Photographic record. (2). Grade II listed milepost 300 yards south of the junction of New Road and Chadwick Hill, which is late 18th century in date. The milepost is a wedge-shape stone with rounded top. (3).
- <1> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. D72.
- <2> SDR18975 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Colour photograph collection. Film. 9/2-3.
- <3> SDR19551 Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England.
- <4> SDR19355 Index: Higgins, J (The Milestone Society). County Milestone Survey. DY/WIS/01.
|Grid reference||SK 2341 6069 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WINSTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 5 2015 9:03AM