Monument record MDR8441 - Milestone, Snitterton Road, Snitterton, South Darley
Type and Period (1)
- MILESTONE (Georgian to Victorian - 1750 AD to 1900 AD)
Milestone 1m high and 40 cms wide. The lettering is indistinct. The milestone is situated on the 1759 Newhaven-Nottingham turnpike. (1) Photographic record. (2-4) Listed, Grade II. A tall rough-cut stone inscribed "London 150m; Nottingham 26m". (5) An alternative reading of the inscription is 'LONDON / 159 / NOTTM / 26'. (6)
- <1> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. D24.
- <2> SDR18975 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Colour photograph collection. Film. 30/4-5.
- <3> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 1994:12741.1-2.
- <4> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 1994: 498.12-13.
- <5> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 16.4, R P Brooks, 1973.
- <6> SDR19355 Index: Higgins, J (The Milestone Society). County Milestone Survey. DY/SOD/01.
|Grid reference||SK 2799 6037 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||SOUTH DARLEY, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 11 2017 3:40PM