Monument record MDR8452 - Boundary post, Gibbey Moor, Baslow and Beeley parishes
Type and Period (1)
- MARKER POST (Unknown date)
- None recorded
A boundary post at the Baslow-Beeley Park wall. The post is inscribed MB and a cross (ie Manor of Baslow). The top of the post is flat with the date carved on and reads 1856, the back reads BP, (ie boundary post). The post is possibly Medieval with later additions. (1-2) Photographic record. (3-4)
- <1> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. D143.
- <2> SDR12683 Personal Observation: Smith, K (PPJPB). K Smith (Peak Park Joint Planning Board) personal communication. 10.9.1992.
- <3> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 1465.1-2.
- <4> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 477.22A-23A.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2822 6940 (10m by 10m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BEELEY, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 1 2016 10:22AM